Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get a quote?
Getting your quote is easy, and fast,. Simply click on Get Quote button on our website and enter your details. Shortly after that, we'll call you and get the moving details from you, and then we will email you our quote. If you're happy with the quote, respond Yes to our email and pay the deposit. Then we'll contact you to finalise the booking and schedule your move. It's as easy as that!
What's included in the quote?
Included in your quote is the following:
1. Price which includes all fees and taxes (no hidden fees)
2. Our bookings manager will help you plan your move to make sure everything goes smoothly on the day
3. Our friendly moving professionals, who arrive on time
4. A reliable and clean truck with sufficient fuel for the trip.
5. Furniture covered in protective packing blankets for transportation
6. Mattress plastic sleeves to protect and keep them clean
7. Furniture securely tied in vehicle for its protection
How much do you charge for a move?
The quote for each move is based on the unique circumstances of the job.
You can get a free and accurate quote when you click on Get Quote on our website.
For a rough estimate see the breakdown below:
- Just a few items: from R600
- ¼ Day (1 bedroom): from R1,700
- Half Day (3 bedroom): from R4,300
- ¾ Day (4 bedroom): from R5,900
- Full Day (5 bedroom): from R7,900
*This rough estimate is based on an off-peak rate and does not account for stairs, distance or other factors that will affect the price. For a free and accurate quote please select Get Quote on our website and we'll send you the quote after finding out more information about your move.
Which cities do you provide moving services in?
We currently service the following areas:
- Cape Town and the surrounding Western Cape area
- Rustenberg and surrounding areas.
We currently do not offer moves in any other provinces unfortunately but we plan to expand throughout the country in future so watch this space. :)
Do you provide long distance moves?
No, unfortunately we only provide short distance moves within the Western Cape region and don't service long distance moves to other provinces in the country.
Do you provide storage?
Yes, we do provide storage at our storage facilities in the Western Cape.
We'll even give you a discount if you do a move with us, just because we like you.
So if you're wanting to store furniture or any othe items while you downsize or move homes, or - offices, then contact us and we'll send you more details.
What services do you provide?
We offer a range of services:
- Home moves
- Commercial moves including offices, warehouse, and other business moves.
- Staff relocations
- Moving items to or from your garage or within your home
- Depot to depot transport or business deliveries
- Storage facilities
- Furniture disposal
- Professional packing services
- Packaging materials such as boxes, bubble wrap, tape to ensure your move is safe.
Do you offer a packing service and other similar specialist services?
Yes, we provide a rance of special services including:
We will pack your boxes for you, either on the day of your move or the day before.
Bubble wrapping / protective plastic wrapping
We will wrap your precious and fragile items to protect them from damage during transport.
We can dismantle and reassemble items that are too big to fit in the lift or stairs.
We use ropes to raise or lower items from the balcony that are too big to fit in the lift or stairs.
Box delivery / packing hamper delivery
We can deliver boxes and other packing products to you a week or more before your move so that you can pack your own goods.
For prices of the these special services please fill out the Get Quote form on our website.
How should I treat the Metro Movers team on the day of the move?
- Be respectful and polite.
- Make sure furniture is ready to be moved and boxes are packed, sealed and ready before the team arrives.
- Make sure things are well organised and boxes are numbered so everything can be quickly and seamlessly moved onto the truck.
- Arrange for kids and pets to go to a relative or day care or keep them out of the way so they don't get in the way of the movers. We've found that it adds more stress on the day for our customers if their kids are around during the move. The faster we can get you moved in, the faster you can relax in your new home.
- Treat the men to cool drinks and light snacks- moving is hard work!
- Give them a tip if you feel they have delivered excellent service.
- Show consideration to the next customer and help to make things progress as quickly as possible so the guys can be on time for the next customer.
- Don't ask them to do anything dangerous that may result in injury or damage.
- Don't ask them to work in a hazardous or unhealthy environment, such as on slippery floors or rooms with noxious fumes from fresh paint.
- Don't ask them to remove safety gear, such as shoes.
- Don't ask them to rearrange furniture in different configurations, if you did not specifically request this at least 48 hours before your move, then the team will not have time to do this as they will need to leave to get to the next move.
Is insurance included in the move costs?
No, unfortunately insurance is not included in the quote. Please arrange insurance privately if you wish to insurance your goods during the move.
Do you have any hidden costs?
We do NOT have any kind of hidden charges.
Everything you need for your move is included in our quote rate.
Please note that there may be additional fee if your estimated number of boxes or items is more than those that are there on the day of the move. In that case, we will inform you on the day and our Metro Movers coordinator will be able to accept payment for this fee by cash or credit card.
Do I have to give the team a tip?
A tip is always appreciated if you feel that the team provided excellent service but note that is not a requirement.
Do you deliver boxes or do I need to collect them from your offices?
We can provide boxes and other packaging material to be delivered to you a week before the move which makes it more convenient for you to get packing.
Alternatively, you are welcome to collect the boxes and other packaging material from our offices in Cape Town.
Our Cape Town office address is:
Go Industry Dove Bid
10 Evelyn Road