6 Important Tips for Moving During the Coronavirus Pandemic
If you’re not sure about protocols for moving during the coronavirus lockdown, you are certainly not alone. This is unprecedented territory and therefore we will provide you with some helpful tips for making your move go as smoothly as it can during the pandemic.
1. Let your mover know right away if you or anyone in your family is experiencing coronavirus symptoms. Transparency is very important for keeping everybody safe.. In addition to letting them know if you suspect the illness among yourself or a family member (or have a diagnosis), also let them know if you are isolating due to exposure.
2. Provide hygiene products for your movers. To aid your movers in following necessary hygiene practices, be sure to leave out products that they can use while they transport your items to and from the moving truck. That includes soap and paper towels by the sink. Metro Movers will provide our own hand sanitizer and safety gear.
3. Don’t use free or recycled moving boxes (where possible). The coronavirus can live on cardboard for an extended period of time, so now is not the time to be picking up free moving supplies from places that are recycling them. Boxes that you already have in your home are fine, but if you need any extras please let us know and we will provide you with a quote for additional, new boxes.
4. If you’re in a high-risk group, have a discussion with your mover. Individuals over 60 and those with pre-existing respiratory and cardiovascular conditions should reconsider moving if possible. No move is worth risking your life, so if you have any flexibility in when (or if) your move happens, push it back until you can more safely relocate. Alternatively we will see how we can accommodate you to minimise the stress and risk associated with the move and the virus impacting same.
5. If you have to cancel your moving services, do so earlier rather than later. The sooner you can let your movers know that you no longer need their services, the better. If you’re not officially cancelling your move yet but do want to know what the procedure will be in the event that you have to, that’s another reason to contact your movers directly and go over the details.
6. If traveling for your move, plan accordingly. Need to book flights or hotels for your move? Make refundable reservations and/or only work with companies that offer free cancellations.
Being smart when moving during the pandemic requires that you follow all of the standard pandemic rules and apply them to your move. Social distancing and sanitization requirements need to be upheld while moving.
Metro Movers provide smart and safe solutions for your move during these unsettling and unprecedented times. Contact us at email@example.com to get a no obligation quote for your move and/or to assist with the safe storage of your goods.